If you are unsure about moving a piano yourself, it is always a good idea to hire professional movers with experience in moving musical instruments. They will have the necessary equipment, experience, and know-how to safely move your piano. LT Moving would be the best choice for this case! Just call us using the number (416) 977-7285.
How do we prepare for a piano moving?
- Professional staff: Moving a piano is a heavy and physically demanding task, and it is important to have at least four to five experienced movers to move the piano
- Piano packaging: Before moving the piano, we make sure to secure the lid and keyboard cover. Wrapping the keyboard in special moving blankets and bubble wrap helps to prevent scratches or damage during the move. The piano is also protected with bubble wrap and special foam padding to cushion it from all sides and corners. We, at LT Moving, ensure that your piano is well protected during transportation.The wrapping process helps prevent any damage to the instrument during transit
- Disconnect the pedals: The pedals of the piano should be disconnected and secured separately from the main body of the piano to prevent them from swinging or getting damaged during the move
- Secure the piano: Once the wrapping is done, we make sure that the piano is properly secured. We use strong moving straps and ropes to keep the piano in place on the dolly or moving platform. We ensure that the straps are tightened evenly to maintain the balance and stability of the piano. We also secure the keyboard lid and other parts, such as legs, to keep them from moving during transit. Additionally, it is important to protect the piano from dust, dirt, and moisture
- Proper equipment: Furniture dollies, straps, and special moving blankets are needed to safely move the piano. Dollies should be strong enough to support the weight of the piano and have smooth-rolling wheels to reduce the risk of damaging floors or carpets
- Planing the route: The route to the new location should be planned in advance and cleared of any obstacles, such as furniture or narrow doors, to ensure a smooth and safe move
Before the moving process, we thoroughly inspect the piano for any damage or loose parts. If any repairs are needed, we make sure that they are done before moving the piano to ensure a safe and successful move.
These necessary precautions are aimed to protect your piano during a move and will help to ensure that the piano arrives at its new location in the same condition as when it left.
Transportation and Unloading
In order to ensure a safe and successful piano transportation, it is essential to follow certain precautions:
- Firstly, it is important to minimize vibrations as much as possible during transit. This can be achieved by securing the piano to a dolly or moving platform and using proper moving straps and ropes to keep it stable
- When carrying the piano, it is recommended to use straps that are placed around the shoulders of the movers to evenly distribute the weight and control its movement
During loading and unloading, it is best to avoid using a handcart to prevent unwanted vibrations. Instead, the piano should be carefully carried using the straps to ensure its stability.
After delivery, the piano should be placed in its new location with the lids closed for a period of time to allow it to acclimate to the room’s environment. If the piano gets wet, it is best to let it air dry rather than wiping it off.